The pharmaceutical industry, like many others, faces great challenges in the current economic downturn. In these straitened times, governments, payers, prescribers and patients increasingly want to know the value of new drug products in the real world, and all want to pay for outcomes, not just pills.
The challenge for the industry is not only to develop novel medicines to conquer unmet medical needs, especially in light of dessicating pipelines and a lack of blockbusters. A new report from TR reveals details of the five most promising and interesting drugs to be shifting in the market:
- Zoely – Female contraception from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries/Merck & Co
- Bydureon – Type 2 diabetes from Amylin Pharmaceuticals/Eli Lilly & Co
- Xalkori – Non-small-cell lung cancer from Pfizer
- Zelboraf – Melanoma from Plexxikon/F HoffmannLa Roche
- Horizant – Restless legs syndrome from XenoPort/GlaxoSmithKline
The full report on these five pharma products can be downloaded for free as a PDF here.